TheOneLaw

Never Harm Another for Benefit or Pleasure And Only Expect the Same of Others

Name:
Location: Glendale, Wisconsin, United States

Married with two sons. I am an Electrical Controls Engineer that is interested in politics and I have decided to see if I can find a better way for myself, my family, my friends, and my community. I am basing these politics on an idea which I refer to as TheOneLaw: Never Harm Another for Benefit or Pleasure and Only Expect the Same of Others. The majority of people in the US already live by TheOneLaw whether they think of it this way or not. This has allowed the United States to become the best country in the history of the world. From this very simple idea I will be developing a better structure for government that is compatible with the US Constitution. I will also be developing a political platform that is based on TheOneLaw. If there is interest in the idea then I may try to run for office. I would appreciate any comments or assistance in the development of this idea.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Taxes for the Rich and the Poor

I was raised in a middle class family and now have a middle class family of my own and I understand fully what it takes to keep up with the bills. I have a problem with exempting any group from paying their fair share for government services because they begin to believe that any service or subsidy from the government is free. Once you believe that any product or service is free, or a bargain, you will overuse it and stop worrying about the quality.

This is where we are at now with our government, the poor don't feel they should have to pay any taxes and the rich pay the politicians to put in loop holes and pay the lawyers and the accountants to exploit the loop holes. This allows the poor and rich to feel they are getting something for nothing and middle class feel that they are being screwed.

Bad financial decisions should have consequences or one will never learn to stop wasting the money they have.

Businesses never have paid taxes; they just pass the taxes on to their customers (us). Corporate taxes and subsidies allow an opening for the government to show favoritism to the companies that help them and to punish the companies that do not support them. The customer should be the one to determine whether that company's product is worth buying at the price it takes to make the product.
We must establish a truly fair way to collect revenue for government services and an individual consumption tax seems the best way to do that. There must also be a way to more evenly distribute government services to local communities and I am working on that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home