TheOneLaw

Never Harm Another for Benefit or Pleasure And Only Expect the Same of Others

Name:
Location: Glendale, Wisconsin, United States

Married with two sons. I am an Electrical Controls Engineer that is interested in politics and I have decided to see if I can find a better way for myself, my family, my friends, and my community. I am basing these politics on an idea which I refer to as TheOneLaw: Never Harm Another for Benefit or Pleasure and Only Expect the Same of Others. The majority of people in the US already live by TheOneLaw whether they think of it this way or not. This has allowed the United States to become the best country in the history of the world. From this very simple idea I will be developing a better structure for government that is compatible with the US Constitution. I will also be developing a political platform that is based on TheOneLaw. If there is interest in the idea then I may try to run for office. I would appreciate any comments or assistance in the development of this idea.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Libertarian Party

The libertarians are great on ideology but weak on practical proposals that could actually be implemented into law. Libertarians by nature do not like to tell others what to do, that's what the Republicans and Democrats are known for.

I would propose that the Libertarian party develop and present a simple platform of proposed changes to the overall structure of our government to return it to a Federal Republic.

I think it would look something like:

- Replace all Federal and State taxes with a Personal Consumption Tax on all products and personal services consumed by each individual in both private and business life. This form of taxation would treat each American equally instead of the current patchwork of overlapping and highly complicated taxation that we have now. Complicated taxation puts the average American at a great disadvantage because they are incapable of understanding our tax system without paying for assistance.

- Equalize revenue distributed by the Federal and State governments that is spent within local communities so that every American receives an equal per capita share.

I don't believe that someone in Washington, D.C. or a representative of another state has better ideas on how to solve the problems of my community so why should they have a say in how my communities share of the revenue is spent. About 60% of the current Federal budget is spent domestically but the local congressman (especially those recently elected) has little say on how the money is allocated. To correct this the U.S. Congressman should be given direct spending control over one half of the per capita budget for his district and equal per capita voice in how the other half is spent at the Federal level.

- Move all laws that apply to individual citizens to the Local level because that is where they will have to be enforced. Federal laws that are forced on Local communities that do not agree always create more problems than they solve. Re-focus and simplify laws that apply to individuals and eliminate laws that tell others how they must live.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home